Recreational Shock Value

Have no fear, because hopefully I won't

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh my!

"Look. I'm not about to tell you this book has a tragic ending. I already said in the very first line how it was my favorite in all the world. But there's a lot of bad stuff coming up, totture you've already been prepared for, but there's worse. There's death coming up, and you better understand this: some of the wrong people die. Be ready for it. This isn't Curious George Uses the Potty. Nobody warned me and it was my own fault and that was my mistake, so I'm not letting it happen to you. The wrong people die, some of them, and the reason is this: life is not fair. Forget all the garbage youre parents put out. Remember Morgenstern. You'll be a lot happier."

- William Goldman's abridgment of S. Morgenster's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure, "The Princess Bride" pg. 188

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

My favoritest book ever. Thanks for inspiring me to read it again. Now I just have to go dig it out of all of my packed up posessions. :)

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home