Recreational Shock Value

Have no fear, because hopefully I won't

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

You Can Never Go Home

School's out for summer! School's out forever! . . . Wait, never mind, it's only out for summer. Darn.

With the onset of summer comes my annual search for a place to live and I think I finally found one spot that probably has the best rent I've ever seen. $0 a month along with all the food you can eat. Meals are actually cooked for me on a regular basis (I do help a little, just to get the food sooner.) Who knew that it would end up being the same place that I grew up in. (Ok, it's actually across the street from where I grew up, but that's still pretty darn close.)

I'll be working at Hogle Zoo for the summer and even though my fiancé is still up in the Frozen Lands (that aren't really frozen right now,) it makes more sense that I should be close to work.

There are, of coarse, some difficulties about coming down here. Probably the biggest problem is that I don't have a room to call my own. Right now I'm falling asleep with stuffed teddy bears and childrens' books looking over my safety (and my goldfish.) The other problem is the fact that for the past year, all of my free time has been spent with one specific person. Now that person is too far away (if my car could handle it I actually probably would just drive three hours each afternoon and evening to be with her.)

So now I'm here, not quite fitting in the same way I used to.

Apparently when you're off changing, trying to become something more than you were, everything else is doing the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Hey, even though you're getting married, I know you're not dead. You can always always come play with me!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home