Recreational Shock Value

Have no fear, because hopefully I won't

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Utah, United States

Sunday, February 20, 2005

When My Walk Becomes a Crawl

Life's a journey, not a destination. We move along the path every day. Sometimes we relish every moment just looking out at what's around us, seeing the details and loving those in our company along the path. Other times we move a long lackadaisical and unobservant. Rather we travel with interest in all things around us or apathy we still trip and fall on the obstacles in our path, or we might step a little too far to one side and slide a little down the hill.

A number of times as I've fallen hard on my knees from a random root I've sat there for a moment, just asking if all the rest of the roots in my path could be taken away. If I could just have a smooth flat plane to run across, as fast as I can. Leave everything behind me and just learn to fly. Luckily for all of us it will never work that way.

It's the roots that give us the trees and the trees that give us the shade from the unceasing sunlight. The rocks that build the mountains around us creating those beautiful moments when we make it to a peak and can look back at the landscape of the life we've lived to that point. It's amazing to turn around and view the mosaic that I've come to be, and I'm grateful that I'd never been granted my wishes to have a parking lot.

Those moments I can look at what's in store for me, and even though it's cloudy, I'm excited to move into it and overcome all those nasty little roots, rocks, and great hills that will add to the already beautiful landscape. I slowly move down the side of the peak and as I walk I see some of those whom I love on paths near mine. We can walk together and pick each other up if we ever trip, sometimes a travel partner can even catch us before we hit the ground.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Guess I should mention that this blog was inspired by my friend Just Rannin' Around.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home